Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Plugging Along

      We are just plugging along here. Buzzy is doing well with his ABA. But, each subsequent appointment he gets more and more reluctant to go downstairs and get started. He has been very attached to me lately, and really wants me to go downstairs with him. Today it took him about 15 minutes to stop crying they said. It makes me sad to know he is upset at the start of it, but I know they are doing a good job with him and it's very important for him. So, we press on. Ha! I can't even imagine what it will be like to send him off to school here in about 7 months. I know it sounds like a long time away, but it's not really. I know it will be here before we know it. Hopefully he is more mature and doing so much more at that time. Of course, I don't really need to worry about this until later.

      We have started getting some of the sensory aids this week. He really likes his weighted blanket. It is lighter than the one we had on loan, and I think he likes that better. He also got his pressure vest today, and a visual time yesterday. We haven't done anything with the latter two, because his OT wants to come up with ways to use them. ABA has used the weighted blanket (as has OT). ABA also was looking at using the pressure vest. Buzzy wasn't too excited about it, so they will wait till his usual therapist is working with him. I am still looking forward to the EduCube, though. His OT feels that will really be helpful. I imagine it will be here this week (I hope!).

      Also, the poop results came in. BUT (isn't there always a "but"?) my doctor's office doesn't "allow" the results to be shared directly with me. Which I find immensely irritating, and my husband pointed out, probably illegal. After all, we're the ones who paid for it! So, we are waiting on his doctor to get back to us so we can see what our next steps are.

      We got the correct shot concentration yesterday, so last night his methyl-B12 shots resumed. He is taking his vitamins and other supplements pretty well. It feels good to have that figured out. Of course, I am sure we will be needing to add more. I hope Buzzy is amenable to adding more things.

      That's all I have for now. I am learning more things that I am interested in trying with Buzzy. I hope to continue to see more amazing progress!


4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your hubby! That's got to be illegal. Since when are you not allowed access to your son's medical records? That's a load! I'm glad he's making progress, hopefully he'll adjust to therapy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems really odd they would have that policy, and I agree...sure sounds illegal to keep that from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I really want to do something about it. I know I will get a copy from my doctor's office, but I want to see them NOW. Patience is not a virtue of mine, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete