Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Midweek News

       Still no progress on the poop front. Every day I check the mailbox waiting for something from Buzzy's doctor. Yes, I am going to call tomorrow. I can't stand it.

       One of the behavioral analysts that was here to evaluate Buzzy said they had openings for speech therapy at their office. She said she put in a referral. As we know, I hate waiting. I called today not mentioning anything about a referral. She said they would now move to the next step: getting insurance approval and I would hear back "later today or tomorrow". I didn't. So, Plan B. I call back and get it started, like I do (it seems) every other time.

       I also set up Buzzy to go back to KCC this summer. So, we are taking a vacation to Michigan as a family and getting Buzzy therapy at the same time. Kind of twisted, but I know he will be seeing the best there is in the area, and we will get to do a road trip. I set up speech and OT for him while we are there.

       I still haven't heard back from our services coordinator about a meeting "in January" about getting him placed for school in August. I am really irritated. We also are supposed to have a transition meeting 6 months before the Buzz turns 3 to talk about where we go from here, and that's obviously not happening. I have called twice. Ugh.

       Please, don't think I am a nasty piece of work when I call and nag all these people. I understand that the person I am speaking with directly has none of the blame. I blame the state of Illinois and the system in general. I may occasionally talk about how frustrating things are to them, but I am not rude or nasty. I do wonder if they roll their eyes when they hear it's me on the other line. Of course, that's never stopped me from making phone calls.

       Also, I am looking into getting him more OT. It has come to my attention that the OT he is getting at home may not really be doing anything useful. And that we need all of the special ball pits, tubes, slides, swings, etc. for it be really be beneficial. Sigh. And the only way we can do that is to go outside of the home. Yay! So, I have some feelers out and I am looking into that. I am not sure when we would pick it up. It's something that I need to see if insurance will cover it and then see if there are openings and go from there.

       Buzz is doing great with ABA. He knows most of his colors and numbers 1-9 (except he gets 6 and 9 mixed up). He is putting 2 words together. He is just making incredible progress.

       However, he is still super obsessed with the vacuum cleaners and cords and "charging" things. We will keep up what we doing and keep hoping that some of my phone calls get some more things going on.

       Tomorrow are our early ABA days, so I need to get going and return to the family. (Although the break I get from them while I blog is pretty sweet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment