Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Of haircuts and headway

       We still have our appointment Thursday. That's tomorrow. Yikes!

       We still have ABA tomorrow, too. We will be doing 8:00 to 10:00. That's early for some of us, considering how my husband has been sick this week and baby hasn't been sleeping well at all. She seems to just be constantly crabby, even all day. I am not sure what her issue is, but I hope it resolves soon. Sleep deprivation is no fun.

       The Buzz has been eating less and less lately. He used to have such a hearty appetite, but he's eating pretty lightly now. I worry. I worry about all kinds of stupid things. I worry that he's going to get worse because he's not getting enough healthy food to eat. I don't have too much control over that, so I guess I need to let it go.

       We took Buzzy to get his hair cut today. He did a lot better than he did the last time we got his hair cut. He only whined a few times, but he didn't have the all-out crying fit (where I had to bear hug him most of the time) and then I had to hold his head still. That was fun. We have started using his pressure vest, so I made sure he was wearing that when we started. I am not sure it helped, but I know it sure didn't hurt. I am trying to get him to wear the pressure vest as much as I can at home before the more difficult parts of his day come. I am hoping it helps.

       We also have been having more tantrums here, ones that I can't predict or anticipate. He started with one this morning, but I am wondering if it was because I didn't get him up right away and just let him be awake for a bit before I went to get him ready. He wasn't upset or anything, just awake for a little while before we started the morning fun.

       Well, that's really all I have for the moment. I will do my best to update before Sunday if there are some Earth-shattering developments, otherwise I will keep to the schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Judah goes through phases where I'll think he's going to clean out the refrigerator, then I'll wonder if my doctor is going to think I'm starving him because I'm sure he's going to be dropping weight because of how little he eats. I think (I hope!) it's just normal kid stuff. Anyway... wanted to let you know I'm still reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. Of course, Buzzy has been pigging out today compared to the last 2 weeks. :

    ReplyDelete