Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Plotting and Planning

I am just going to jump in with my random thoughts and whatnot during the last few days.

  • I am still tired of the process of getting Buzzy more therapy, particularly speech. In fact, his speech therapy appointment this week was virtually useless. He had a fit the minute his therapist walked through the door. He ended up doing about 15 minutes tops, while I had to sit right there with him. I still have no idea why he was so unahppy. He did great just that morning with ABA.
  • I finally looked into various autism websites. I don't know what took me so long. I have found a lot of resources and now have some more ideas of where to go next with things.
  • So, here's one of them: Talk About Curing Autism (Also known as TACA.)
  • And here's another: Generation Rescue
  • I even became a member of TACA. TACA has been really awesome already. They have blueprints on their website of what to do, each step of the way with biomed treatments, after the diagnosis, for IEP meetings, etc. Oh, and all of these things were free. I became a member to support their cause (and the Kirkman supplement discount didn't hurt, either.)
  • I signed up to get a mentor with TACA as well. I am really looking forward to talking to someone who has been through it all.
  • I asked my pediatrician for a referral to a geneticist. I have been uneasy that no one has mentioned getting Buzzy tested in this manner - despite the fact that I am reading of other parents who as soon as their child got an ASD diagnosis, they also saw a geneticist. That, and the fact that developmental pediatrician he saw said [the appointment he was diagnosed at] that this was the last time we would probably see him. So much for continuity of care.
  • I am getting Buzzy tested for food allergies. I am tired of trying to guess and second-guessing if this food or that food is okay. I want to know for sure. I am going to have this done in a couple of months at his next appointment. Maybe. If I can do it locally (and sooner) I will end up doing that. Action is progress to me. 
Well, that's really all I have for now. I have plenty to keep me busy for sure. 

2 comments:

  1. The Howcast at TACA was really helpful. Even just the explanation of the acronyms that you use really helped. One of the things I've been curious about is what different therapy sessions are like. What you do in them. You mention at least a couple different kinds. Would you, at some point, be willing to share what the different therapy sessions consist of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - thanks! That's actually a really good idea! I will have to do that in the near future, for sure!

    ReplyDelete