Sunday, December 16, 2012

Not a good week

It seems as if this last week was not a good week for many. I can't write about Buzzy this week entirely without any mention of the shootings in Newtown. My heart goes out to those families whose lives must go on without their children, their moms, their family members. Such a horrible tragedy.

I haven't been watching the news on television, but I have been reading articles in the newspaper and on the internet. I can't handle much more than that. We have just been dealing with some severe depression with one of my daughters and that has been very hard on us all.

We have been doing much better in the days since we got the news about my daughter, but I know I can't handle much more in the way of bad news in the family. So, I hope that's all we get in the way of crap news.

The main thing that made my day today? Finally getting the last of the stool samples. I have been collecting poop out of diapers and bagging up Buzzy's parts and hoping the urine collection bags don't leak since Friday. I will be thrilled when FedEx comes and picks up that box of goodies! Heh heh.

The shots are finally getting a little easier. Wednesday was the worst day, by far. It included 2 sticks, forgetting to swab his butt with alcohol, and then giving up and having my husband do the shot. And wasting some of the vitamin, because I was pressing the plunger and the needle wasn't it. Oh, and there was a lot of screaming of crying. And not all of it was Buzzy's! But, last night I decided I was going to just do it and (as dumb as this sounds) I tried to visualize it going well. Buzzy still screamed, but I gave him the shot on the first try. I did, however, stick myself as I was putting the cap on the needle. I wound up bending the needle and it was sticking out of the cap and I got nailed by it. Ouch.

Buzzy has been using more words. He likes to talk about the time he put the vacuum cleaner on the kitchen tabl e and the handle hit the glass on the kitchen light fixture and broke it. He says "vacuum broke light" and even makes the sign for "broken". I keep trying to ask him who was responsible for breaking it, but the most I get from him is "vacuum" and once "mama".

He also is saying "up" when he wants to get on my lap. I suppose that's pretty functional. He knows I can't resist when he does that. I don't care - hearing him speak and say a word anyone could understand is pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. It just makes my heart happy to hear about him saying new words and the progress he's making. I know you've got so much going on right now, but I know you will get through all these rough patches. Big Hugs, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete