Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Great

We have a little bit of everything going on here. So, I will do a summary of what has really been going on here - with no holding back.

About a month ago I set up an appointment with someone who does energy healing. I won't get too much into it. Suffice to say that I believe there are people who can do energy healings and I really don't care to hear anyone say otherwise. And I think we have found the real deal. I met her in person at Autism One and my TACA mentor uses her for her family, so that was good enough for me to start seeing her.

First off, she told me some things about my son that made me cry. Things about who he really was and who he would be if the autism wasn't in the way. And how he plans to make me proud of him. I also have her muscle test Buzzy for the various interventions we are doing. He thinks school is a bit boring and he thought there would be more fun there. Oops.

A summary - the parasite killer is of mild benefit, but the specific worm killer meds were detrimental. I believe that, because the few times I've started them, Buzzy just looks bad. His skin gets kind of grey and he looks a little sickly. So, I've kept the general protocol in place, since it was at least helpful a little. All of the supplements he is taking are beneficial, so we are keeping those in place. He is on chlorella, burbur, l-carnitine, vitamin D, Barlean's fish oil, sacc boulardii, Pro Culture Gold, and goldenseal. These are all approved by his doctor, as well. I am glad to know they are benefiting him.

On her recommendation, I have added Qi Gong massage. That one has been interesting. He is doing really well with it. I have been seeing some positive things, which I will be getting to later.

As for homeopathy, our Heilkunst provider only scores a 2 in terms of benefit (on a scale of 1 to 10). Bummer. But, the classical homeopathy (which I had gotten lazy with and kind of stopped doing) scored a 6. So, I brought that back right away. And we saw some good things right away. Buzzy had had a red ring around his anus (sign of yeast) and he was constantly scratching his butt. He also was waking up earlier and earlier. We tweaked his remedies (he is on candida, clostridia, and a new constitutional - cinnamonum) and the itching has stopped and the red ring is gone. That being said, one of the tools our Heilkunstler uses scored a 10 - so we will be using that tool to help us find remedies. The same tool that our classical homeopathy person uses, scores a 2 for him. Meaning we have to see both. Ha ha!

That being said - what our energy healer said is making sense. I haven't seen much improvement (not what I was expecting anyhow) from Heilkunst. I have seen good things from classical. So, we will keep following what she tells us beneficial.

She said the Son Rise Program would be a 10 for us as well. I will have her keep testing that for us. If it continues to test well for him, I guess I will be making a trip out east this summer for their training. Time to start saving up!

I also added another supplement - Neuroprotek.

So, I will go on to mention all of the positive things we have been seeing. Buzzy is more talkative. He is doing really well. He even tells me some of the things that happen at school - and they really did happen. It's been nothing short of amazing for me to hear. He has also been talking about going trick or treating. A year ago my heart was broken because he couldn't even say trick or treat and had no idea what Halloween was about. He has been asking for the past couple of days to go trick or treating. I know he doesn't understand the whole idea of "what do you want to be", but we will get there, I am sure. He is also asking to play with the other kids in his class. They aren't always receptive, but he is trying. So, they are going to be moving him to the general ed preschool for about 5 minutes to start with to get him some time to play with the kids there. We are very excited about this.

The ugly is that I have been feeding him chicken nuggets with gluten in them. Ugh. At least I found out! And he got a Dum Dum sucker today, and I ended up letting him eat it, because I was trying to make dinner and I couldn't tolerate a tantrum. So, yeah. That sucked because we are seeing some increase in aggressive behavior ("I want to pinch Mommy!" and "I want to hit Mommy!"). On the plus side, those are some pretty awesome sentences. I take what I can get.

So, in short...we are seeing some amazing gains and speech. That's the positive. The negative is that I am trying so many new things at once, I might not be able to attribute it to any one thing. My best guess is that it is a little of everything.

All I can say is that life looks a lot better for the Buzz than it did one year ago.

2 comments:

  1. Why did you start using the Neuroprotek? Just curious b/c I was thinking of putting Jake on that b/c of his seasonal allergies, but now that the grass is dying, his symptoms are fading. There is still the food allergy issue, however & I really need to find a maintenance supplement to reduce his constant inflammation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the Neuroprotek on a whim. I was actually going to use it for myself, since I am a mess of inflammation.

      Then, I just decided to give it to Buzzy instead. Not sure why. He's been on it for about 12 days. I decided to stop it (no glaring reason) since I want to ask our energy healer about how he does on it. Or I may to try muscle test it myself for him.

      I am making the assumption he has inflammation - which isn't too much of a stretch since he has autism and food sensitivities and a mess of other issues. I saw the guy who came up with the supplement talk at Autism One - he made a lot of sense. He talked about mast cell activation. If you decide to go with it, word on the street is to give it time to notice a difference. Like 30 days.

      Delete