Friday, October 11, 2013

Glasses, EEG Results, and Detox

A lot has been going on here the last few weeks.

We have two appointments with neurologists. One in is Chicago - in February. I have heard good things about this doctor and that he won't make me feel like I'm an over-protective crazy mom and that we should get a 24 hour (AKA real) EEG no problems.

I also got a hard copy of Buzzy's EEG results. They were not completely normal. I don't know how to interpret them, but it appears there was a lot of activity in one part of his brain. And that there was abnormal activity at another point in a different part of his brain. And that there should have been additional follow-up. Wow. And this was in an EEG lasting less than 40 minutes. I know, silly me. When the doctor told me it would last an hour, I shouldn't have believed him. I am pretty angry that I feel like this doctor blew me off. I will not put this issue to rest until I get a 24 hour EEG that shows up clean. I keep getting a feeling. Sigh.

The other neurology appointment is in December - of 2014. In Arkansas.  Now that we have something coming down the pipeline sooner, I have no issues waiting a bit for this one. I am still sure I want to go this one as well, because he does so much more than just seizures. But, maybe something will change before then. I guess we will see.

We also took Buzzy to a developmental optometrist. He now has glasses. He was found to be far-sighted, so he was prescribed corrective lenses (that were also prisms). Also, one lens has a slight tint. I think they are helping him. He seems to be doing better when he is running - he seems to have better balance. The first day he wore them to therapy, his therapists said he got really close to them to look at them - almost as if he was seeing them for the first time.

We are still doing what we have been doing. Buzzy has been detoxing like crazy, it seems. He was wetting his pants at school for a few weeks, but all seems to have returned to normal. Mostly.

And since it's Friday night, I will return to trying to take care of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment