Sunday, April 21, 2013

Changing things up

Things have been pretty stable here lately with Buzzy, for the most part. Yes, we changed speech therapists. And we are now driving him to his therapies twice a week instead of them coming into our home. But, his supplements and diet has remained pretty much the same.

I decided to try to re-introduce some of the forbidden foods. I don't really know if he ate any of my attempts at re-introducing brown rice. We tried to get him to eat some pasta, but he wasn't too willing. I did give him some Leapin' Lemurs (peanut butter being the forbidden food), but I didn't note anything too different. However, I did add one huge thing this week. So, I think any reactions are now automatically suspect, because I am not sure what to blame it on.

Wednesday night the camel milk arrived. It was nice and frozen solid. I kept out one pint to thaw. We started him with 2 oz on Thursday morning. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with him behavior-wise. Maybe he was a little more cranky and little more likely to tantrum.

Friday he was definitely throwing more fits, being more disagreeable, and having more tantrums. His poop turned nasty. I know that the camel milk might cause some die-off, so I wasn't too worried. But, I hate nasty poop. He also napped - just laid down on the floor and fell asleep. Which is not like him at all. I really think it was the camel milk.

Saturday was pretty much the same - more tantrums than usual and another nap. And nasty poop.

Today, he woke up with a poopy diaper, but it was really solid. Like (here comes some TMI) pebbles solid. Which is so rare for him. His mood seems to have stabilized, but the jury is still out on whether he is going to take a nap or not. He is lying on the floor here looking really close to napping, but he's not there yet. We will keep it up and see where it takes us. One of the women who started the camel milk FB group messaged me and wants to talk to me about her child's experience with camel milk, and I am excited to talk to her - which I will do Monday. I had posted to the group concerned about the poop issue and I was worried that he might be allergic. I feel so grateful that I am "meeting" all of these amazing people who are so willing to give their time and expertise and answer my questions and help me along. I don't know where my son would be without the internet, but it wouldn't be good. I have received so much help from many people (and many of them in the last 2 days!). I try as often as I can to give back a little of it. I hope to (when I am a little further into my journey) become a TACA mentor.

I also decided to go forward with homeopathy. We have a good window here where we aren't changing any supplements (since we don't see his doctor till mid-May) and I keep reading so many awesome things and so much awesome progress with it. I heard good things about The Center for Holistic Healing, so we are all set for an appointment on the 29th. I am looking forward to getting started with it. I think this, together with the biomedical interventions (and the actual therapies) will really get Buzzy moving in the right direction.

As for my interest in Dr. Goldberg, I've found some comments from parents that make me think this isn't the right path for us at this time. Perhaps if we aren't seeing any changes in Buzzy with what we are doing for him I will revisit a trip to Dr. Goldberg. For now we will stay the course, especially since he is making such great progress.

And that nap? Despite everyone and their sister coming in to talk to me, Buzzy has continued to sleep. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment