Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Where we are

My last post was pretty much a downer, so let's get that knocked off the top of page, and have this one get top billing.

Preston's EEG and MRI was rescheduled. I was starting to get quite anxious about it, so that was good for me and for my ulcers. Ha. Anyhow, he will have the MRI and EEG on the 10th of April, and then we will hang around there and get the results and meet with the doctor a few hours later. I think this will work better than two separate trips. So, hooray for that! It got rescheduled because of some equipment issues we were having.

I have to say, I am quite impressed with Rush and Dr. Smith. (I had his first name wrong in my prior post, so I just fixed that.) And the woman in charge of scheduling and EEG and MRI stuff (I don't have her exact title at my fingertips) is WONDERFUL. It's amazing the difference you feel when you are treated courteously and with respect and even treated just nicely in general.

We are starting the Goleic today. Deep breaths. LOL I am just nervous. It will be fine - better than fine. It will go great.

I also need to retake Preston's ATEC before we start. That's next on my list, after finishing this post.

I found my moodiness and irrational behavior was due to a heavy reaction from a homeopathic remedy I was taking. Apparently, it brought some things to surface a little too quickly. I will resume the remedy, but I want to make sure everything else is stable before that. Whew!

Preston has adjusted really well to the change in his meds. He was a little off for a few weeks, but now he is much better. In fact, we've some great improvements. He's more engaged with us at home. He plays less with the cords and the vacuums and it more attentive. He is doing great with the "regular" kids in preschool. He is also doing better in OT. We still have challenges, of course, but we are getting there. As people told me in the beginning (which I am starting to understand now!)...it's a marathon, not a sprint. As a runner, I have an appreciation of that from the physical "I'm a runner" sense, but now I know what it means from an autism sense as well. Preston didn't get sick overnight. And he won't recover overnight. But, he WILL recover.

We are moving through his clears homeopathically speaking. We are one clear away from all of the things that happened at his birth. I firmly feel we will see some great gains from clearing that trauma. I think the trigger that kicked off his issues were all the antibiotics they fed me in labor. I still feel angry about that.

But, we are moving onward and upward.

Oh, got distracted. New ATEC is 32! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment