Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Recharging the Batteries

Yesterday I had an appointment with Buzzy's and the baby's doctor. For the last 8 months we have only seen her physician's assistant. And while that was all well and good, I am so glad we finally got a chance to see the doctor. It was a great appointment. I felt like everything we are doing is on the right track and we got some more ideas on where we need to go next. 

So, we are going to continue with the parasite killing. I have been very lax and unmotivated about getting my son dosed, and that ended last night. We are back on, and we are going to keep swinging. I am pulling in the reins on his diet as well. I haven't been very good about making sure he isn't eating foods that won't interfere with the parasite killing. That is stopping as of now. 

His speech is (obviously) still delayed. We decided to add in l-methylfolate. He was on it before, but i pulled it when we started the worm killing. It should help with his speech, hopefully. We will also increase the amount up to 10 mg, which should be interesting. 

We also had high markers on his follow-up OAT test for bacteria, even after all we're doing to address that. Not surprising. So, we are going to add Goldenseal to the mix, to hopefully kill the nasty bacteria.

We are also adding l-carnitine, and I can't remember why on that one. It addresses something he is still having issues with. 

Chlorella is also being added to added to mop up the toxins and other yuck that is floating around. 

We will also be doing a bunch of bloodwork. First off, we are going to get titers for a number of viruses (Epstein-Barr, CMV, measles, rubella, and HHV - there might be one more, but I'm not getting off my butt to look). We will also get a nagalase level measured to see if GcMAF is a treatment we need to pursue. All of those deal with viral issues in the body. If the nagalase level shows there are issues, we will start with a sublingual GcMAF to see if it's tolerated before we move into shots. 

We discussed iron levels and hemochromatosis. Both my husband and I are heterozygous for this, so there is a possibility Buzzy has it. There is a CBC and some other things as well. I am not looking forward to the blood draw (we will do it some time after October 1st, when the new year kicks in for our medical flex plan and we get to put more money on it), but I am looking forward to the information we will get from it. 

We also need to work on getting more veggies into the boy. I have been lax with that as well lately. So, it will be back to making smoothies so that someone's diet is a little more healthy. 

All in all, I am happy with Buzzy's progress, but (of course) I still want more. I want to get rid of the nasty bacteria he has and see his personality, not what the bacteria make him do. Apparently strep is the one that makes someone fixate and be obsessive and echolalic. (I had thought it was the clostridia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment